Sunday, April 22, 2007

Examine Your Path

“To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while.”
Josh Billings (1818-1885)

Isn’t it easy to apply our “standards and measures” to everyone but ourselves? We so easily see the “right way” for others – especially those we are close to. But Jesus told us to check out ourselves before we start telling others what to do. (Matthew 7:3-5; Luke 6:41-42). What “way” am I traveling? Psalm 139:23-24 is a prayer of examination that we should all consider before we start advising others!

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life. Psalm 139:23-24

5 comments:

Terri Green said...

Hi Robyn,

This is a beautiful way to promote B.l.e.s.s.e.d. and you are a beautiful friend. I can't wait to read book two.

I love you,
Terri

sammygirl said...

Hi Mom,

Good job! It looks amazing:) I love you more than the sky!

Michelle

Greg said...

Wow - great Site. And another great step in the process.

Greg

robyn lee said...

What a great reminder...I am taping this to my mirror. I'm looking forward to reading your book...it's in the mail.
Thanks for starting the book club; you may start with scripture each time as far as I'm concerned.

a said...

ooooh, i found it! great blog so far. :)

About Me

My photo
Robyn Henk, author of B.L.E.S.S.E.D, discovering God’s bigger dream for you, wife of 38 years, mother of six grown children, and grandmother of three. The experience of God’s gracious love and provision in her life has led to her passion of bringing women into deeper intimacy with God, and fuller understanding of God’s love and providence for their lives. She has attended classes in Theology and Christian Ministry at Golden Gate Baptist Seminary, as well as researching The Geographic and Archeological History of the Bible in Israel and Rome, with Azusa Pacific University. Robyn has spoken on three continents and developed and spoke at the Women of Purpose Conference in Kiev, Ukraine; Kitale, Kenya; and to the Lakota and Dine’ First Nations in America. She has also taught Spiritual Disciplines, Parenting, Christian Leadership for Women, and Teaching for Significance clinics.