Sunday, December 30, 2007

Resolutions You Can Keep (part 2)

Reflect
What steps can we take that will help to prepare us for the Holy Spirit’s “make-over” work in our lives? The first step is to reflect on what we really believe about our faith.

No matter how long we have been “believers” in Christ, we need to seriously consider how fully committed we are to our relationship with Him. 2 Corinthians 13:5 tells us to examine ourselves to see whether we are in the faith. We must test ourselves. We need to take some time to seriously consider:
  1. Am I taking my commitment to Christ seriously or have I become complacent in my faith?

  2. Do I truly desire to live a life that shows the people around me how wonderful, good, and worthwhile it is to be a follower of Christ?

  3. Am I living each day aware that the Spirit of Christ is in me, and that I represent Him in every situation and relationship I encounter?

  4. Do I truly desire and welcome the changes God wants to make in me and my life?

Before the Holy Spirit can truly transform us, we must honestly reflect on and answer these questions. Allow God to show you where you lack the passion and commitment that transformation requires.

Lord God, I ask You to help me honestly examine myself. Show me where I am lacking in my faith. Help me to open that area to Your life-changing power. Amen

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Robyn Henk, author of B.L.E.S.S.E.D, discovering God’s bigger dream for you, wife of 38 years, mother of six grown children, and grandmother of three. The experience of God’s gracious love and provision in her life has led to her passion of bringing women into deeper intimacy with God, and fuller understanding of God’s love and providence for their lives. She has attended classes in Theology and Christian Ministry at Golden Gate Baptist Seminary, as well as researching The Geographic and Archeological History of the Bible in Israel and Rome, with Azusa Pacific University. Robyn has spoken on three continents and developed and spoke at the Women of Purpose Conference in Kiev, Ukraine; Kitale, Kenya; and to the Lakota and Dine’ First Nations in America. She has also taught Spiritual Disciplines, Parenting, Christian Leadership for Women, and Teaching for Significance clinics.